To read this blog in chronological order you must start at the bottom. Most recent posts are at the top. Sorry for any inconvenience. Hope you will find it worth the effort though.
"You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give".
Kahlil Gibran, Philosopher

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Gone But Not Forgotten

"Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth." Shirley Chisholm

I e-mailed Yanick at the clinic the week after we returned to see if the aunt had brought Loudna back and if they decided to let her go to the orphanage. The response I got was as follows:

Yes, she did come back, she is now with Bobby at the orphenage. She was happy to go, and her family, specially her aunt and her so call uncle, grand father, they are all agreed that she needs the change. She is happy, her aunt told me, God please let them come for me, I want to go.. Her prayer has been answer. God take cares of his children.
God bless you. Stay in touch.

I received an e-mail from Greg Roberts, our host in Haiti that read:

As for Loudna,we saw her yesterday and she is happy to be at the orphanage. Michelle and I spent time with her while we were there. As promised, I sent my first month's food check for $100 with a promise to send monthly for the next five years.

"In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love."
Mother Teresa

I may not be able to change the whole world, but hopefully I changed the world for one little girl in Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment